Value My Car | Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Value My Car Service Terms and Conditions
Trivett Classic Holdings Pty Limited ACN 085 878 995 and its related entities and subsidiaries (‘Subaru Melbourne or Us’) wish to provide an online valuation of Your vehicle. After passing an inspection at a premises nominated by Us, we may complete the purchase of Your vehicle or accept it for a trade-in (‘ Value My Car Service’), as governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- To be eligible to use the Value My Car Service You must:
a. be aged over 18 years; and
b. be the registered owner of the vehicle, or have consent in writing from the registered owner, or a valid power of attorney to deal with the vehicle.
- You acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions do not form an agreement for Us to purchase Your vehicle or accept it for trade-in.
Value My Car
- The online valuation is calculated based on information submitted by You and market information from Automotive Data Services Pty Ltd (RedBook).
- There may be cases where we will not be able to generate an online valuation, including:
a. where we do not have sufficient data to accurately calculate the value of your vehicle;
b. if your vehicle has over 150,000km on the odometer;
c. is over 10 years old;
d. if your vehicle has been modified;
e. has warning lights displayed on the dashboard;
f. has been in a major accident;
g. has been declared stolen or written off.
- By using the Value My Car Service, You represent and warrant that all information provided by You in relation to Your vehicle is true and accurate.
- The online valuation is valid for 14 days from the date of issue.
- We reserve the right to cancel an online valuation for any reason and at any time prior to You concluding Your sale with Us. We will notify You if We cancel an online valuation as soon as possible.
Inspection of Your vehicle
- If you accept the online valuation, or if the online valuation is not able to be calculated by Us, We will contact You to arrange an inspection of Your vehicle at an agreed location (‘Inspection’).
- At the Inspection, You must:
a. provide Us with documents showing that You own the vehicle or have the authority to deal with the vehicle;
b. bring all sets of the vehicle’s keys, the service history/log book and proof of current registration and any other relevant documents; and
c. if the vehicle is subject to finance, provide Us with a letter from Your lender showing the current outstanding payout balance.
- After the Inspection, we will offer to purchase Your vehicle or accept it for trade-in at the Online valuation price, subject to:
a. You being able to prove ownership of the vehicle or having written authority to deal with the vehicle;
b. Your vehicle passing the Inspection (it must not show signs of being repaired after being involved in a major accident, and must not have major mechanical defects or issues); and
c. clear results from any searches of Your vehicle with private or government entities.
- If at any time We discover that any of the information You have provided is not true or not accurate we reserve our right to cancel the online valuation, and/or withdraw Our offer. We are not obliged to make a revised valuation or offer to purchase Your vehicle or accept it for trade-in.
- If Your vehicle is subject to finance, we will make payment of the outstanding payout balance to Your lender. We will then make payment to You of the balance, if any.
- Payment to You will be by direct credit to a bank account nominated by you, or by bank cheque.
- To the extent permitted by law, We will not be liable for:
a. any act or omission including any refusal by Us to purchase Your vehicle;
b. any loss, damage, cost, expense, personal injury or death to You, or any third party arising out of the Inspection or Your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or
c. the security of the vehicle or any damage to the vehicle incurred before, during or after the Inspection.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) that may be brought against Us or which We may pay, sustain or incur as a direct or indirect result of or arising out of:
- the vehicle not being in a roadworthy condition or registered;
- any loss or damage caused by You to:
a. the premises where the Inspection occurs or any other property at that location
b. any person at the Inspection; or
c. Subaru Melbourne or any of its entities; and
d. any failure by You to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions or as required by law;
except to the extent caused by Our wilful default or negligence.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of those courts.