The new generation of Impreza delivers enjoyment and peace of mind like never before. It’s the combination of dynamic performance and world-class safety that gives the freedom to do more, and get so much more out of life.
Let all the wheels do all the work
Grip hold of slippery rainy streets. In true Subaru style, Subaru Impreza uses our Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (SAWD) system that gives you optimum control and double the tractive capacity of a two-wheel drive car. Because four wheels grip better than two. It’s active safety at its best.
Rear-view reverse camera
Thanks to a state-of-the-art rear-view reverse camera, you’ll have eyes in the back of your head guiding you safely into every parking spot.
Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S AWD shown
Assistance at the ready
Sudden stopping. Surprise roadworks and hairpin turns. Subaru Impreza is ready for extreme urban conditions with its electronic driver assist system called Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC). Featuring a range of stability and braking technologies, the VDC system steps in to help maintain your safety in extreme situations.
Constantly analysing through an array of sensors, VDC includes:
- Electronic Stability Control: Helps you gain control if you unexpectedly understeer or oversteer, by applying brakes, reducing engine power and distributing torque.
- Traction Control System: Helps you minimise your wheel slip by reducing engine power.
- Limited Slip Device: Helps you maintain control by transferring power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.
- Anti-lock Braking System: Helps you stay in control by minimising stopping distance and maintaining vehicle control under brakes.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Helps keep you safe by controlling the braking pressure to the front and rear wheels all the time.
- Brake Assist: Helps you in emergency situations by maximising stopping power.
Eliminate blind spots
City driving can be challenging. Many accidents happen because a driver simply cannot see another. Subaru’s Vision Assist1 Blind Spot Monitoring is designed to eliminate blinds spots with cameras and sensors placed to give a driver unprecedented awareness of what’s around them.
If a vehicle is in your blind spot, a light symbol on your side mirror lights up – on either side of the car – to let you know. Or, if you’re changing lanes and a fast approaching vehicle is behind you, a light symbol will warn you of its presence. If you’re reversing and a vehicle drives past behind you, or if the system detects that vehicles are approaching from the side, Subaru's Vision Assist1 Rear Cross Traffic Alert will alert you audibly that there is risk of a collision.
1. Subaru's Vision Assist available on Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S only
EyeSight® Driver Assist
With cutting-edge EyeSight®1 Driver Assist technology, it’s reassuring to know your Subaru Impreza is always watching out for you. Here's a few ways you're safer:
When the car in front of you moves at a green light, Lead Vehicle Start Alert lets you know it’s time to go. So the driver behind you doesn't have to.
Pre-Collision Braking System delivers automatic braking to help avoid or reduce the severity of detected frontal accident impacts.
If Impreza’s EyeSight®1 Driver Assist technology senses lane sway or lane departure, it will give you with an audible warning.
Adaptive Cruise Control tracks the vehicle in front of you, keeping a safe distance to take the stress off having that unpredictable driver ahead.
1. EyeSight® available on Subaru Impreza 2.0i-L, 2.0i Premium and 2.0i-S variants only.
Eyes in the back of Impreza
The Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S features Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB). The tech will sense and provide you with an audible alert if it detects you are about to hit something behind - and now it can even apply the brakes in the event you don't. RAB is part of our innovative and ever-growing suite of Subaru’s Vision Assist1 technologies.
1. Subaru's Vision Assist available on Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S variants only.